Wednesday 24 October 2012

A Long Day: A Bamfield Story


Anaghster here,

This is a story I wrote about Bamfield. Enjoy!

It was a Tuesday night as we walked into the building, warm air soothing our nerves as we hurried into the long hallway. It felt delightful transitioning out of the harsh, brisk night air into the relaxing, warm, atmosphere in the dorms. As I practically sprinted down the stairs and into another deep hallway, I bursted into the room, slugged my backpack on the ground, and leaped into the bottom bunk of the bunk bed. It came as a surprise when my dorm mates sprang into the room, a few seconds later. The rocky terrain and numerous exercises had taken a toll on by body and mind, and I was looking forward to taking a steamy shower to wash away all the numbness in my body. As I grabbed a towel, a change of clothes, and some body wash, my face felt like it would fall off my head when I noticed that the two showers were taken and there was a lineup of five people. Grouchily, I dawdled back to my dorm. I was instantly hit with a vibe of energy as I remembered that my friends and I had bought candy from a nearby convenience store. Life was good after all.

Cya!
Anaghster

No comments:

Post a Comment