Monday 24 September 2012

Why is Gangnam Style so Popular?

Anaghster here,

You may have heard of the awesome new song by PSY, Gangnam Style. This is the first Korean song that I have heard on any Canadian radio station. What the heck is up with that? I will cover Gangnam Style's rise to international fame.


I found out about this song back in June or something, before it got trendy here in Canada, so technically I started the biggest trend since Madonna. But I promise not to rub it in (too much). Anyways, it came as a shock to me when I heard this song playing on an eighth grader's laptop. I asked him where he heard that, and he said that it's all the rage. WTF? How does that happen?

Possibly because of the video. It's the most random thing I saw all year. It's funny watching a grown man do a horse dance around the Gangnam district of Seoul. Or maybe because it's funny watching an older man try to woo a beautiful young woman.

Or maybe the music. This is much, much, much better than the mainstream crap we listen to. Also, it is hilarious. We don't even understand the lyrics, and that's what makes it so funny. I guess there are many factors that make it such a popular and catchy song, so you can't say for sure. So, the answer, I guess, is the entire song. This is the best song i've heard in a long time. So it's just plain awesome.

P.S. I give out free trendsetting advice, for all you fans.

- Anaghster


No comments:

Post a Comment