Sunday 23 September 2012

Bamfield 2012: Haikus and More

Anaghster here,

I recently went to Bamfield, British Columbia with our school to study at the Bamfield Marine Sciences Centre for one week. It was amazing, the ocean, the scenery, the everything. It was just a beautiful experience. Here are a few Haikus and a story I wrote while I was there.

Cooling off my mind
The euphoria begins
Awesome ocean spray

Leaves catch fresh new dew
Glimmering in the bright sun
Morning has begun

And now for the story:

Dusk
By Anagh Katyayan

A chill ran down my spine as I casually strolled onto the rough concrete, the wind wafting over a saline smell and a cool blast of air. As I gingerly tiptoed towards the wooden railing, my senses were instantly snagged by the atmosphere above, painted a dazzling aquamarine which was reflecting into the vast channel that led out into the daunting looking ocean. The trees branched out into the night sky, plastering a beautiful silhouette onto the wonderful bouquet of scenery. The mountains, now just dark mounds in the distance, were slowly sinking away in the night and giving way to a new set of natural beauties: gleaming, dazzling spots of light dotting the sky and glowing with a beautiful energy under the blanket of night. Dusk had begun.

What do you guys think? Please comment for any suggestions and i will kindly listen.
Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment